In our community we like to make a difference by working on local projects. We help with:
As a team we clean the ditches of County Road 7 from the corner of County Road 21 to the top of what is known as Maitland’s Hill. We take pride in keeping our community clean. back to top
We like to take on a few home projects. Kn.E.C.T. helps homeowners who are having difficulty keeping up with work around the home. This may be due to illness, family loss, or physical challenges. We will provide free labour to assist with major spring jobs such as raking, weeding, tilling, painting, rubbish removal and minor repairs. All the work is done by our volunteers with help welcomed from the homeowners friends, family and neighbours. back to top
We help to clean the Door Youth Drop-In Centre once a month. back to top
- Cleaning the Door
Internationally Kn.E.C.T. likes to take on a project that will bring a community together and/or bless a family.
Kn.E.C.T. has provided international help to many communities in the country of Nicaragua.
We have built the following:
- a church in the inner-city of Managua;
- a church in Xiloa;
- two rooms for a feeding centre run out of Apostolica Principe de Paz, Xiloa;
- a Church (Templo Hermosa ) at Masaya;
- a Community Centre at Ticuantepe; and
- our most recent supported build was a home for a family in Managua.
We also like to bless the community we are working in with food. With a contingency fund we usually purchase the following foods: rice, beans, maseca, corn, cooking oil and sugar.
With contingency money that we have we like to bless people. Here is a list of some of the things we have done:
- provided money to help a family in need of transportation so that their child could attend Cancer treatments,
- provided a monthly donation to a family for medications for diabetes and epilepsy,
- provided medications for a young boy suffering from kidney disease,
- purchased food and staples for prisoners.
How To Help
You can help by collecting the following new or nearly new items for us: (Items can be dropped off at Knox Church.)
- Summer Clothes including (new underwear), bathing suits
- New or nearly new Bedding
- New or nearly new Towels
- Shoes, sandals
- Hotel sized shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, toothpaste
- Tooth brushes
- School supplies: pens, pencils, crayons, markers, erasers, pencil sharpeners, pencil crayons
- Craft supplies: beads, glitter, feathers, funny craft eyes, etc.
- Monetary donations for:
- gifts of food: With our contingency money we will purchase rice, beans, maseca, oil and sugar and;
- prison blessing bags: We like to visit the prisons and bless each prisoner with a bag full of different items such as a bag of chips, cookies, a drink, soap, shampoo, deodorant, gum, candies etc. (We purchase these items while in Nicaragua.)